Easy, fast, flexible, and reliable isolation and characterization of CTCs
Why Study Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs)?
- Understand mechanisms of disease and tumor progression (biology of metastasis)
- Address fundamental questions about clinical utility of CTCs
ViewRNA CTC Platform – Unique Benefits
- Accessible technology – No equipment required for CTCs isolation
Isolate a variety of CTCs, live or fixed, by size for subsequent molecular characterization directly on the capture filter
- Easy and fast – Single-use filtration devices for CTCs isolation
Isolation device, not EpCAM dependent, enables capture of fixed or live cells, in ~3 minutes. No special training required
- Sensitive and specific – Single-molecule RNA per cell
Novel RNA in situ hybridization assay to visualize single-copy RNA molecules and their location in a single CTC. Sensitivity and exceptional specificity are enabled by simultaneous signal amplification and background suppression.
- Multiplex analysis – Analyze up to 4 RNA targets per CTC
Study one to four RNA targets per CTC
- Flexible platform – Study your target of interest in CTCs and primary tumor
New assays for your target/targets of interest are developed in less then a week at no additional cost. Compare CTC profiles with those of the primary tumor; companion in situ RNA assays available for FFPE tissues
Isolate and characterize CTCs – Overview
ViewRNA CTC Platform combines two breakthrough technologies to enable easy, accessible, affordable, sensitive and specific system to enumerate and characterize circulating tumor cells (CTCs) and other rare cells. ScreenCell® isolation devices are innovative single-use devices that isolate by size, a large spectrum of tumor cells, live or fixed, including mesenchymal cells, cancer stem cells, microembolii and cancer cells of non-epithelial origin. ViewRNA in situ hybridization assays enable multiplex, single-copy RNA sensitivity and exceptional specificity enabled by simultaneous branched DNA signal amplification and background suppression. Together, these two technologies provide a powerful and seamless integration of CTC isolation and molecular characterization for translational research.
Assay Performance Highlights
|ScreenCell® filtration device - isolation of circulating tumor cells|
|Sample Type||Peripheral blood or PBMC|
|Isolation Type||Live cells||Fixed cells|
|Cell Culture expansion||Yes||No|
|Max. Blood input vol.||6 mL||3 mL|
|ViewRNA Assay - characterization|
|Plex level||1 to 4-plex|
|Assay format||24-well plates
|Sensitivity||1 RNA molecule|
|Instrumentation||Flourescence microscope or imaging system|
Publications – Circulating Tumor Cell (CTC) Analysis
ViewRNA Complete Bibliography Click here
- Desitter I., et al A new device for rapid isolation by size and characterization of rare circulating tumor cells. Anticancer Research 31:427-42 (2011).
- Yu M., et al. RNA sequencing of pancreatic circulating tumour cells implicates WNT signalling in metastasis. Nature (2012).