Long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) and large intergenic non-coding RNAs (lincRNAs) are transcribed RNA molecules greater than 200 nucleotides in length and are expressed across the genome. Okazaki et al (1) determined that a large portion of the mammalian transcriptome does not code for proteins and defined lncRNA as a significant class of transcripts. LncRNA expression profiles are altered in several types of cancer as well as in other human diseases like Alzheimer's disease (2).
Solutions for lncRNA and lincRNA Expression Analysis and Validation
At Affymetrix, we offer innovative and unique assays that are applied on a regular basis for lncRNA research from discovery to clinical research, validation and analysis. QuantiGene Assays for lncRNA analysis are based on the clinically proven branched DNA (bDNA) signal amplification technology used in the FDA-approved HIV and HCV viral load assays sold by Siemens under the trade name VERSANT®. Our assays provide high specificity (detect only the target non-coding transcript), sensitivity and dynamic range.
The QuantiGene Plex 2.0 Assay for lncRNA analysis is a Luminex based, cost-effective, robust method of screening hundreds of lncRNAs across large sample sets. Probes for lncRNA and mRNA can be combined in the same assay for simultaneous analysis in the same sample well. Quantify up to 80 lncRNA/mRNA targets per well directly from your sample with no RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis or PCR amplification, reducing steps and minimizing biases. The assay is compatible with FFPE (including H&E stained samples) and frozen tissue homogenates, cell lysates, blood and other clinical or challenging sample types.
QuantiGene ViewRNA Assays are novel RNA in situ hybridization (ISH) assays enabling localization and quantitation of lncRNA in cells, CTCs or tissues in singleplex and multiplex assay formats. QuantiGene ViewRNA Assays offer sensitive single-molecule lncRNA detection with virtually no background. Our multiplex assays allow for simultaneous lncRNA and mRNA analysis. The protocol is similar to IHC and allows for a seamless incorporation into your current workflow.
LncRNA Expression Analysis
Accurately and precisely analyze
changes in expression across panels
of lncRNAs, lincRNAs & mRNAs with
no RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis
or PCR amplification.
QuantiGene Plex 2.0 Assays on Luminex
LncRNA in situ Analysis in Tissue Samples
Assess gene expression levels with
morphological context with simple &
reliable assays. Single-molecule
lncRNA detection in frozen & FFPE
tissue sections, TMAs & FNAs.
QuantiGene ViewRNA ISH Tissue Assay
LncRNA in situ Analysis in Cell Samples
In situ lncRNA visualization in
adherent and suspension cultured cells
with robust and sensitive assays.
Single-molecule detection of
your lncRNA in one day!
QuantiGene ViewRNA ISH Cell Assay
LncRNA in situ Analysis in CTCs
Robust analysis of lncRNAs in CTCs
isolated from blood.
QuantiGene ViewRNA CTC Platform
In the News
Recent press releases related to Affymetrix partnerships with leading companies and cancer centers paving the way to advance cancer research from the bench to the bedside.
- Flagship Biosciences launches tissue-based RNA ISH image analysis services
- Affymetrix® Announces Expansion of QuantiGene ® ViewRNA License for in vitro Diagnostics and Becomes Exclusive Licensee for Chromogenic Applications
- Affymetrix® Announces Research Collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital to Validate and Develop New Oncology Biomarker Tests
- Affymetrix® and Leica Microsystems Announce Worldwide Collaboration on Automated, Single-Copy, RNA In Situ Hybridization (ISH) Tissue Assay for Research Use
- Affymetrix® and ScreenCell® Announce Worldwide Distribution Agreement for Circulating Tumor Cell (CTC) Technology
- Ting D. T., et al. Aberrant overexpression of satellite repeats in pancreatic and other epithelial cancers. Science 331(6017):593-6 (2011).
- Lee K., et al. Precursor miR-886, a novel noncoding RNA repressed in cancer, associates with PKR and modulates its activity. Rna 17(6):1076-89 (2011).
- Zhang B., et al. The lncRNA Malat1 is dispensable for mouse development but its transcription plays a cis-regulatory role in the adult. Cell Reports 2(1-13): (2012).
1. Okazaki Y., et al. Analysis of the mouse transcriptome based on functional annotation of 60,770 full-length cDNAs. Nature 420: 563-573 (2002).
2. Faghihi M. A., et al. Expression of a noncoding RNA is elevated in Alzheimer’s disease and drives rapid feed-forward regulation of beta-secretase. Nature Medicine 14: 723-730 (2008).
All products referenced are for Research Use Only and are not intended for human or animal therapeutic or diagnostic use. Our team is here to support you to translate your research to the clinical applications in the future.